A Clinic Just for You!
Welcome to the newest Eczema Care Clinic initiative: The creation of a kids-specific, referral-only eczema clinic!
As a patient in our dedicated eczema clinic, your child will be evaluated and managed by pediatric dermatologists and other specialists (e.g., allergists, contact dermatologists, behavioral specialists, etc.) specifically trained to treat atopic dermatitis.
Special assessments of the physical and psychosocial impact of eczema on your family as a whole will also be made. Additionally, there will be a "hands-on" demonstration of wet wraps and other eczema treatment techniques given by our clinical nurse specialist and patient advocate, Therese Cosan. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research studies that may hold the key to future treatments from our research nurse specialist, Ann Funk.
With so many specialized eczema services, we have allowed extra time for your child's appointment so that you can have the attention you deserve. Please plan on spending up to 60 minutes with our specialists!
Specific topics we will address during your child's appointment include:
- How do we diagnose atopic dermatitis (AD)?
- How common is AD?
- What are the "costs" of AD?
- What are the long-term outlooks?
- What role do genetics and the environment play?
- What is t he "Atopic March?"
- What is the "Itch-Scratch-Itch" cycle?
- Barrier defects/barrier repair
- Role of topical corticosteroids
- Role of topical calcineurin inhibitors
- The role of alternative therapies
- The role of allergens
- Developing a unique treatment action plan for your child's skin
Importantly, all patients must be scheduled prior to the start of clinic. Walk-in appointments to the Eczema Clinic will NOT be accepted, so please have your primary care physician schedule an appointment with us by calling (858) 966-6774 prior to making the trip!
If you already have an appointment with us, click here for Google or Yahoo driving directions to the Eczema Center.
We look forward to working with you to improve the health of your child's skin!